Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Numb

Today marks day two of my self-ass-kicking regime. I'm on a 1500 calorie diet and working out twice a day. I'm so sore today I can barely move. I'll be switching to a more cardio based workout from now until I leave, to avoid gaining much weight from the muscle I might gain otherwise. Going strictly for calorie burn/fat loss. Of course, the muscle will help to burn the fat, but there will be enough of a balance for that.

It's a miserable thing running in this cold weather. 6 degrees today and I'm out running, wheezing in freezing air that cuts my lungs with every breath. Staying warm isn't a problem, just the breathing part...

It turns out that eating this way isn't leaving me as hungry as I thought it would. I'm consuming a lot of protein, which seems to be staving off the hunger. I'm not even thinking about food as much as I thought I would. And the feeling of successful self-deprivation is, for the most part, a good one.

If anyone is interested, a great fitness site was recommended to me-even includes small videos demonstrating proper workout techniques:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Off to a deep...deep sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home