Friday, June 23, 2006

A Lion in the House-Confronting Childhood Cancer




I just saw part I of this docufilm on childhood cancer, produced by Independent Lense and ITVS. I have to say it was one of the most emotional documentaries I've seen. There were some points while watching it where I felt like I was intruding on these families' very personal moments. I know I wouldn't have the 'journalistic' ability, or disconnectedness, to sit behind the camera and just observe.

For Chicagoans, part II is on Saturday morning at 2am (!!), but it's the weekend and it's well worth it. Click on the logo above to visit the website.

If you live in a metropolitan area, ITVS offers public screenings of some of the films they produce to some cities, so check out their webpage/contact persons, to see if you can see one on a big screen somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home