Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rocketboom sucks.


I've heard about this vidcast/blogcast/videoblog/vlog/who-gives-a-crap for so long on TWiT, diggnation, and elsewhere, that I finally checked it out. I watched Andrew Baron's enthusiastic appearance on a TWiT, and thought, 'hey, can't be that bad.'

After reading through the reviews on the iTunes music store page , I've found the majority of responses fall under the following 3 categories: a)it blows, b)good/ok except for 'yadda yadda', c)it "ROCKS!!", is "the BEST!!", etc.

Only problem is, category 'c' consisted of roughly 8 out of 100 people, who I'm convinced are under the spell of 'penis-think'. And any constructive criticism you'd expect to find under category 'b' is again, blocked by P-T. The following caveats seem to repeatedly pop up:

"...It's just a wacky conglomeration of video clips, hackneyed video transitions, and a pretty face putting out words that someone puts in front of her. I'm not saying this is a bad thing..." (italic emphasis added).

"(praise precedes)...the only complaint I have about Rocketboom is that it seems like they release crappy casts when they don't really have anything to report on."

"...Rocketboom is cute, but it's really not THAT good. It's good that it's FREE."

How moronic is that: "it's pretty good, but pretty much my only complaint about it is that it kinda sucks..." These are either repressed geeks or post-pubescents still fighting with the penis-think. So I'm going to come out and say what these guys were grappling with themselves (er...) to say: Rocketboom sucks.

Category 'a' commenters express to that effect more or less. The only attraction is, if not already obvious, the sexual one: Amanda Congdon was, and Joanne Colan is hot-end of story.

The professional looking wide-screen format, and... well the professional looking wide-screen format can't cover up for the lack of content, scripting, transitioning, or, generally, production.

I suppose I'm fairly behind on this, but there you have it. Don't waste your time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. Since you bring it up, your blog is pretty bad too. Also, you dont seem like a very nice person. But that's just my first impression from scanning your site. :)

Tue Oct 10, 09:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home